Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 23, 2012 Not a vacation


I have been asked the following question on a number of occasions lately: "So, how are you enjoying your vacation?"  My reply has been the same each time, "This is not a vacation, this is my life."

 Being retired means choices, many choices; among them travel. And so, traveling, golfing, beach combing, hiking, camping, reading, spring training games, long walks, spending time with good friends and sometimes afternoon naps are not vacation, they are just what I do. Tuesday was beach day, Wednesday was walking and gardening day and today was golf day. Tomorrow we will go to the opera in Sarasota. This is not vacation, this is my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"This is my life"..right on
Love those smiles..the water looked wonderful.

Be Good

BB