Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 1, 2012, Cassadaga

Cassadaga humour
Cassadaga is a 116 year old spiritualist community in Volusia County, Central Florida where a number of mediums, spiritualists and healers live. I visited last year and met with a medium named Hazel, who told me many things about myself and those close to me...all of which were true! Knowing that I would travel to Cassadaga again this year, I wondered if I should try to meet with Hazel, or just leave it to chance and meet with whoever was available. I actually called Hazel's number and when it went to a message machine, I hung up and decided to leave it to chance.

When you arrive at Cassadaga you go in to the bookstore to look at a white board and see who is available that day. Guess who was in front of me going up the steps to the bookstore? Guess who I followed to the white board? Guess what name she wrote on the “available” white board? Hazel. I immediately made an appointment with her and was pleased with the outcome. Part of me is a skeptical, rational, logical thinker and yet part of me just loves this stuff. As I did last year, I made notes of the things Hazel revealed to me and on occasion, will reread them.

After a salad and sandwich lunch at Panera in Daytona Beach, we stopped at a Camping World store and browsed, looking at all the great things one can purchase for the RV lifestyle. Granted, most of the things in the store were for RV's much larger than my Westy, but I was able to use my Good Sam card and get a discount on a compact clothesline for Catherine.

We arrived back in Jacksonville totally worn out. However, not so worn out that we couldn't plan a hike for tomorrow. Not sure where yet, but we have narrowed it down to three possibilities.

No comments: