Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 12 Palma to Ladispoli (Tunnel Vision)



In the past two days we have driven through over 100 tunnels...some very long, some very short, some well lit, some dark, some three lanes and some one lane. The difficulty is trying to adjust my eyes as we come out of a dark tunnel into the bright sunlight. I do not know how the Italians drive 130 through these tunnels, but they do.

Most of today, in fact, all of today was spent on the Autostrada...driving...driving and more driving. I all, I drove 711 km today.

The place where we planned to stay was closed and so we parked in a "no frills" camper stop on a beach. We watched two windsurfers come ashore as the sun set. As I type I can here the waves.

We will leave early in the morning for Cinque Terre.

No comments: