Monday, April 11, 2011

April 10 San Francisco

Up at 3:30 this morning. Flight at 6:30 on time. Flight at 10:00 in Toronto on time. Long flight but watched "Incindes" and two episodes of "Raising Hope."

We arrived at Grant Hotel, checked in and headed down the street to catch the cable car. The cable car stops in the middle of the intersection to pick up and let people off. We walked around the extremely touristy Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. Ate a freshly prepared shrimp crepe and watched the sea lions fight for space on the docks.

Got to ride the cable car "hanging on" on the way back from the wharf.
Exhausted, we returned to the hotel and worked at staying awake. As I write this and keep one eye on the ball game on tv, I see that although it is 7 pm here, my internal clock tells me that I have been awake for 18 hours. I will soon be ready to just give in and fall asleep. San Francisco will be explored further tomorrow, possibly using a "hop on hop off" bus so that we can see all the highlights in one day.


No comments: