Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 4, Stuck in Fishkill Again

Last year when we traveled this route we were storm stayed in Fishkill, NY for two days. As we approached the town this year the temperature gauge rose to an alarming level and we made a quick exit and managed to park in a mall parking lot. Steam was rising from the rear of the vehicle and as we looked underneath we could see the coolant pouring out of a pipe. Luckily  I have a Good Sam roadside assistance program. With one phone call, on a borrowed phone (my US phone was having problems) I reached Good Sam, they located someone who would work on the Westy and a tow truck arrived to take us there.

 Unfortunately, it was after hours and we had to leave Westy in the yard of a repair shop. I am hoping that our belongings, especially the bikes, will be safe. The tow truck driver was kind enough to drop us off at a local motel. I spent over an hour both online and on the phone trying to get my US cell phone problem resolved. I ended up with a case # and a promise that it would be working within 24 hours. 

I will either sleep soundly due to exhaustion or fitfully with concern about Westy.

No comments: