Monday, January 21, 2013

January 19, 20, 21, 2013.  Venice

Life is very easy in Venice. A typical day might include a long walk, a bike ride, a visit to the golf practice range, coffee at a local cafe, reading and of course, meal preparation and the shopping that goes along with that chore. Shrimp is plentiful and reasonable and so that is a popular ingredient for dinner. 

So far we have done all of the above and more.  On Sunday, for example I went shopping with my friend (author, stoniest and a wonderful host). At Bealls I hummed and hawed over a $40.00 pair of Columbia shorts, carrying them around the store with me while I looked for and tried on cheaper pairs. Fingering the $10.00 off coupon in my pocket, I finally decided that I would buy them. When the cashier rang them in she informed me that I could not use the coupon. With a frown on my face I was about to ask why, when she said that if she did, she would owe me money as the shorts were not only on sale, they were further reduced to clearance and that the total cost was $8.56! Fun times.

No comments: