Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 27, 2012. Sometimes...

Not all days in Florida are spent at spring training games or on the golf course. Some days are spent reading, shopping, doing chores like laundry or even gardening. Yesterday was like that. Today was a golfing day, 18 holes, to be exact.

 Somewhere on the back 9 we decided to put some money in a drink machine to quench our thirst. However, when I reached for my wallet it wasn't there. Thinking that I must have left it on the counter at the pro shop, we finished our game. Unfortunately, it was not at the pro shop and to make matters worse, another golfer determined that hers was also missing.

Further investigation revealed that they must have been stolen from our golf bags while we were on the putting green, waiting for our turn to tee off.  The police responded quickly and we filled out reports. Then it was time for the arduous task of calling banks, canceling cards and reporting other important cards missing. Luckily there was very little cash in my wallet and the thief didn't try to use any of my cards. 

Since there are those who believe (sometimes I do but sometimes things just suck) that there is always an upside to everything, I will say that the upside of this is that we get to hang out in Venice for a few more days while we wait for replacement "stuff" to arrive. Plus, the golf course felt so sorry for us that they gave us a coupon for another 18 holes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH NO! I hate it when that happens.

Golfing is dangerous Judi. Be careful. :)

I hope your stuff is replaced soon.

Still cold here; be warm.

Anna Mae